Designer watches’ quality can be manifested with its increasing market demand trends. Even pre-owned watches offered for sale are getting attention from buyers. If you try to browse online stores or visit location shops, you will observe people bidding or buying for designer watches.
Pre-owned or used watches are usually from people who have been collecting watches for several years and wanted to pull them out from their closets for whatever personal reasons they may have.
Buying a pre-owned watch from known brands can be an option to own a luxurious timepiece at affordable cost. Here are some tips on how to make the best buy.
1. Research about the brand– Have some research about the brand of the designer watch and check some reviews and costumer feedbacks for you to gauge the product’s performance.
2. Make sure it is genuine-Be aware that replicas of luxury brands are cropping up in the market. If you are not sure of how to check some distinguishing marks of genuine designer watch, ask a friend who is familiar about the brand. Get the serial number and the model number of the item and have it checked by a reputable dealer. You can also do some personal study of how the authentic one looks like through online catalogues. However, there are also dealers who have with them the certificate of authenticity of the product, so better ask it from them before deciding to buy or not.
3. Compare prices– Compare the price of the brand new and the auctioned used watch if you will be making a great savings. If the model is no longer sold in the market, you can also compare it with other product categories of similar brand. However, if the watch belongs to limited edition, its cost is expectedly higher for it is already considered as collector’s item.
4. Check whether the item is working– If the item is sold on location shops, better check all the parts whether they are working or not. If the watch is sold online, ask the dealer’s description of parts and some details about the watch’s performance. If the only problem is the battery, it is just a simple problem.
5. Check for availability of parts for replacement– Designer watches can be repaired by replacing some of the malfunctioning parts. See to it that there are available parts to be used if in case of parts replacements. Make sure also to check whether there are service centres in your locality that are authorized to do repairs and check ups for the kind of brand the pre-owned watch has.
The choices rests in you whether you will be buying pre-owned designer watch or have the chance of owning the brand new ones. There would be no problem if you will get best buys from used watches as long as you have done all the necessary things before the act of purchase. If you are in doubt of the quality, better look for another option.