R6-20, the brand’s summer collection, will arrive via three instalments (the first two drops were available to buy in June and the third and final collection is due to land on 15 July), showcasing side-slit baggy pants, psychedelic prints and super-luxe tees. As we update our high-summer wardrobes, now is the perfect moment to look back at Rihanna’s own warm-weather style.
1. Rihanna’s outfit choice for the debut Fenty pop-up in 2019? A white form-fitting blazer paired with caramel heels, tousled waves and a diamond-encrusted crucifix.
2. At the Fenty x Puma Coachella pool party in 2018, the superstar showcased the power of a Pepto-Bismol zip-detail body, navy tracksuit and canary-yellow stilettos.
3. Rihanna was pictured heading to Tramp London in June 2016 wearing a boxy pinstripe denim jacket, striped trousers and cropped vest. The all-important accessory? A paparazzi-proof baseball cap.
4. One balmy New York evening in 2015, Rih styled a floral green Marni dress with a slick of aubergine-coloured lipstick and a Versace choker.
5. At Virgil Abloh’s debut SS19 Louis Vuitton menswear show, Rihanna borrowed a utilitarian jumpsuit from the collection and accessorised with not one, but three bags — a transparent Keepall duffle, a white Danube belt bag and a Petite Boite Chapeau.
6. Strolling out of her NYC apartment in 2018, the mogul styled a T-shirt by designer Hyein Seo with nail-studded Prada boots. Note the bobby pins in her hair.
7. Rihanna celebrated the 2017 Fenty Beauty launch with a sugary-sweet lilac gown by British designer Molly Goddard, adding wraparound René Caovilla sandals and an oversize diamond necklace from Chopard.
8. After winning the Video Vanguard Award at the 2016 VMAs, Rihanna stepped into a plunging olive-green L’Impasse jumpsuit, customised satin Manolo Blahnik pumps and statement crystal hoops by Kerin Rose Gold.
9. In July 2014, she paired a Patricia Fieldwalker pink lace-trimmed silk dress with everyday staples—All Star Converse and a boxy denim jacket.
10. The pièce de résistance in Rihanna’s summer wardrobe? The hot-pink Hot Wok ASAI dress she debuted in 2019, Bottega Veneta clutch in hand.